Friday, July 17, 2009

Thank Heaven

I have "blogged" before I guess, like little editorial quips/observations/musings what-have-yous at random times throughout the years, but this is my first time setting up a blog page.  So I don't know what to write.  So I'll start with something that made me happy this morning and will continue to provide early morning sunshine for days to come.  The brand new 7-Eleven pre-made Ice Coffees mothafuckas!!! 

I discovered this brilliant blend of absolute deliciousness, caffeine, sugar, and what I think might be some sort of variation of crack-cocaine approximately one month ago and let me tell you, if you've yet to endulge, what the FUCK are you waiting for?  It's like an orgasm in your taste buds.  Scratch that, that metaphor comes across too vulgar in this circumstance.  But seriously, try one.  It's hot out, why not? You don't have to do anything extra next time you go to 7-Eleven for coffee, IN FACT you can skip the steps of pouring in cream, or sugar, or a few ounces of that cappacino mix from that machine, which kicks ass in coffee by the way.  Skip all that shit, just grab a cup, put in ice and push the lever which dispenses the already made concoction into your cup. Mocha or French Vanilla, I highly recommend Mocha.  But that's just me, do whatever makes you giddy.  While you're drinking it, Smile. It makes you happy.  

I have been in love with 7-Eleven ever since I was a wee one.  What a wonderful place.  I can remember riding my bike there, summers growing up when a slurpee a day was a given, maybe even two and it was the only place in town that sold Big League Chew.  Throughout the years my love of 7-eleven grew when they introduced the coffee coolatta my freshman year of college, a slurpee version of coffee which turned into my gateway into a severe coffee addiction.  It also kept me up all night writing papers due the next day.  (I think the coolatta got bought by Dunkin Donuts because they have them there now, little history lesson for that ass).  Spare tire formed so I had to cool it on the collattas, but when it's hot as fuck down in the disgusting Florida humidity, that shit tastes gooooood.  

While I was in Florida last month, just weeks after the inception of the 7-Eleven Pre-made Ice Coffee hit the shelves, I had at least 3 a day.  Sometimes one at night if I knew I would be up late.  and guess what? each and every one made me happy.  It was truly a god sent.  He/She/It created that shit.  7-Eleven is a wonderful joyland of slurpees, taquitos and ice coffees.  It isn't a coincidence their slogan is "Thank Heaven for 7-Eleven".  Which leads me to my theory that perhaps like so many other American Corporations, 7-Eleven is a government controlled establishment readily available to us on almost every corner.  However, what makes 7-Eleven magical is that it's sole intention is to make us happy, collectively as a populace.  hmmm   Perhaps in these Ice Coffees are magic happy pills.  I think the introduction of the ice coffee is all a part of Obama's plan to stimulate the economy and our moods.  So go be a good American, a good consumer, and get yourself one.  Walk around while drinking it and listen to your Ipod.

I am in no way affiliated with 7-Eleven.  I'm just pretty hopped up on ice coffee right now.  Amongst a myriad of other things.





No comments:

Post a Comment