Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Stress and the Economy

So what's the deal yahoo?  One day after our day off because we all work so hard, you decide to remind me that shit's about to go down?  Just like the youngsters head back to school, after Labor Day our country decides it's time to put us back to work after having the summer to relax, go to the beach, sip iced tea and snooze in hammocks.  Now it's time to buckle down and accomplish.  I guess.   Here are the two top links that appear when you go onto the yahoo home page.  My opinion, the largest ranging "news" source in America.


1. http://realestate.yahoo.com/promo/americas-most-stressful-cities-2009.html.  Stress.  Are you stressed? Are your bills too high and your job sucks?  Ever feel like jumping off a building or driving head first into traffic.  Don't fret, you don't live in the most stressful city in America according to this article.  What's that? You're still stressed? Well fuck you because I do live in the most stressful city in America so I don't want to hear yous bitchin'.  The factors for making Chicago stressful are crowding, poor air quality, a high unemployment rate and free-falling home values.  Luckily for me, I like being able to disappear into a sea of people, I smoke cigarettes, I have a job and don't own a home yet because I'm too much of a gypsy drifter.  So, I guess I can't get mad at you for bitching if you want to.  Feel free to vent.  I do possess the trait of empathy so pass the tissues, we all got issues.


2. http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090908/bs_nm/us_competitiveness_report.  What's up America? Losing a competitive competition with the Swiss?!?! Your economy used to be competitive as shit, what's happening? Losing your game USA?  We've always been the most competitive nation in the world according to this competitiveness (is that even a word?) report.  So what's the deal?  Turning soft?  You'll never make it into the NFL with that attitude.  I feel this article is offered to us to inspire us to get those competitive juices flowing; That race to get promoted between you and what's his face; That rush to the other security lane at the airport cutting off at least 10 people while doing so but who gives a fuck because I got places to go mother fucker!;  That massive brawl at Walmart between hoards of baby boomers at the crack of dawn the day after Thanksgiving to get little Johnny that video game that he wants so badly, and if he gets it, he'll be the coolest kid in class and you will be a good parent.  Come on America!  Quit being a bunch of fucking pussies!  Get competitive!  


I hate yahoo news.   This is fitting and I do like Dolly.  4 Day work week this week. Holla.

No comments:

Post a Comment